- Kenyan entrepreneur Carol Pulei who manages Naneuleshan Apparel is the brains behind President William Ruto’s elegant fashion sense
- The head of state has been showcasing his unique fashion style which features be-spoke suits and tailor-made shirts
- Pulei is one of the most sought-after designers in Kenya with her clients also including Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua and retired president Uhuru Kenyatta
Have you wondered who dresses President William Ruto?
The head of state has been showcasing his unique fashion style. The president likes donning fitting suits at official functions.
However, he has also adopted a new dressing style embracing tailor-made shirts and khaki trousers on several occasions.
Kenyan entrepreneur Carol Pulei who manages Naneuleshan Apparel is the brains behind Ruto’s elegant fashion sense.
Catherine Kamau: Inside Former Mother-In-Law Actress’s Side Hustle
According to Parents Africa, Pulei was a hotelier before she resigned to venture into the fashion business.
“It was my hobby as I worked as a hotelier. I was really passionate about fashion designing and thus quit my job in 2013 and began to fully focus on it,” she said.
She invested KSh 800,000 from her savings into Naneuleshan Apparel.
A decade later, she is one of the most sought-after designers in Kenya with her clients including Ruto, Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua, retired president Uhuru Kenyatta, Interior and National Coordination Cabinet Secretary Kithure Kindiki and several members of parliament.
Pulei on why she chose men’s wear
The chief fashion stylist at Naneuleshan Apparel said she focused on men’s clothes after realising most shops dealt with women’s apparel.
She thus found a market gap to explore. Besides making her own designs, she also imports clothes.
“For me, sitting down with a client and understanding what they want, what they love, their favourite colour and design makes it quite enjoyable. It’s also fulfilling seeing a concept come to life,” she explained.
Johnson Sakaja Supports Gloria Orwoba for ‘Provocative’ Stained Suit Stunt: “Make People Uncomfortable”
How Pulei met Uhuru
The businesswoman said she met Uhuru through former Nairobi governor Mike Sonko.
The flamboyant politician was one of her clients and she gave him a shirt to present to the Jubilee Party leader.
“I estimated the (retired) president’s size. I had seen him during my days as a hotelier in the hotels where I used to work and also on TV and I knew what size to work with,” Pulei said.
Rigathi Gachagua looks sharp
After Ruto’s victory, photos of DP Gachagua looking sharp emerged online, thanks to Pulei’s efforts.
The second in command looked fresh and clean in a new-fitting black suit with a maroon tie. He was all smiles in the snap posted by Nyali MP Mohamed Jicho Pevu Ali on Twitter as they shared a handshake on the red carpet.
The DP had often received criticism for his style and oversized suits, and many blamed his designer.
Linet Toto Shares Cryptic Message after Scoffing at Raila: “Truth Shall Set You Free or Caged”
His new look received applause, with netizens urging him to maintain his new designer and sharp suits.
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see TUKO News on your News Feed
- I’m a fashion mum - these are the bikinis to wear for your body shape & which ones make your waist smaller & bum bigger
- Winter Fashion Trends To Look Out For
- Inexplicably, Men’s Overalls Are Back in Fashion, and You Can Thank Carhartt
- 'Toasting to Tradition:' HOF Fashion Show returns with a nod to the past
- Everything you need to embrace the “Barbiecore” fashion trend