COLORADO SPRINGS — A new King Soopers Marketplace is in development in northeast Colorado Springs.
The store, which will have a fuel center, will be located on the southwest corner of Northgate Boulevard and Highway 83.
Tammy Dolbow, a Black Forest resident, is excited for the new King Soopers.
“I personally think it’s great because I live in Black Forest so it’s going to be really good for me because I like King Soopers. I’m not sure how other people in that neighborhood will feel, but I like it,” said Dolbow.
Colorado Health Institute conducted colorado“>research on food insecurity in Colorado. There are several barriers that affect access to food.
“For instance, some people live in food deserts which means that there’s not access to a grocery store or a place to buy healthy food near where they live,” said Jackie Zubrzycki, Communications Manager, Colorado Health Institute.
Zubrzycki said grocery stores gives healthier food options.
“When you have access to a grocery store, you have options that just aren’t available at a fast food restaurant,” said Zubrzycki. “And those include nutritious options like fruits and vegetables and just things that are maybe a little less processed than what’s available at a fast food restaurant.”
According to King Soopers and City Market, construction on the store is set to begin in 2023, with plans to open in 2024.
- This Popular Grocery Chain Is Closing Stores, Starting Aug. 13
- Demand for grocery delivery cools as food costs rise
- A new grocery store is coming to the former Toys R Us. Updates on Wegmans, Lidl and more.
- Major c-store chain plans to open more food-focused, fuel-free locations
- Weighing machines at supermarkets, grocery stores come under scrutiny