She knew what she wanted, so she reached out and grabbed it.
In the 8-second TikTok, which has clocked up over 1.9 million views, the eager woman, 29, did not hesitate to grab the ring and place it on her finger while her man still professed his love on one knee.
“No one, absolutely no one,” the clip overlay text read. “Me: takes the engagement ring and puts it on while he’s still talking.”
Ward’s fiancé Stephen proposed among tropical scenery in San Diego, California, with white block letters spelling out “Will you marry me?”
The Post reached out to Ward for comment.
The Phoenix, Arizona resident knew she had a bizarre reaction to the romantic event, so she posted the TikTok clip on July 12 using background audio filled with laughter, saying, “Oh no, no, no.”
“In my defense, it was so beautiful I had to put it on right then and there!” she captioned the video.
While she may have found the moment funny, many people called her response a “huge red flag.”
“Run sir,” pleaded one woman. “‘Yea she’s super entitled run brother run!”
“I know someone who did this… they got divorced in 5 months,” another disgruntled TikToker commented.
Ward addressed the nay-sayers in her comments, saying, “Some people are acting like I’m a horrible person for doing it… it was an immediate reaction.”
However, some brides can relate to Ward’s excitement that her man was finally putting a ring on it.
“My husband didn’t even get the words out lol I just stuck my hand out to him,” one person laughed.
“I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who did this hahah,” seconded another.
“The way you just went ‘I’ll take that thank you’,” joked a watcher. “If “about damn time” were a person.”
- Kate Middleton Didn’t Wear Her Engagement Ring and the Internet Is Freaking Out
- Maya Jama ‘heartbroken’ amid ‘split from fiance Ben Simmons’ after a year
- Will Emily Ratajkowski Sell Her $90,000 Engagement Ring in Wake of Her Divorce From Sebastian Bear-McClard?
- Save $100 on Clean Origin engagement rings with this exclusive code—shop diamond rings now
- Kate Middleton spotted without her engagement ring at Commonwealth Games