The sighting: Pretty Little Liars actress Ashley Benson is newly engaged to her beau, Brandon Davis, grandson of a billionaire oil tycoon. The pair revealed their new status (and the huge diamond) on their Instagram Stories.
The jewels: Benson’s engagement ring is a sizable oval diamond on a thin gold band, held in place by four elegant tapered prongs. The couple did not confirm the ring’s maker, size or price, but it’s obviously big and beautiful.
I spoke with Inna Kushnirski, bridal merchandiser for Gabriel & Co., and she said that the ring “appears to be around 7 to 10 carats” and that at this size, “I would say it’s going to be nearly perfect in clarity, cut and color, in which case you’re looking at upwards of $1 million.”
Kushnirski added: “Oval cuts continue to dominate as the most in demand fancy cut for engagement rings, and we will definitely continue to see this trend grow thanks to stunning rings like Ashley’s!”
The trends: Ovals, ovals, ovals! They’ve been the diamond shape of the moment for the past few years, and they’re not ready to cede their superiority yet. All signs point to the oval moment staying strong for a while longer.
I’m getting a little tired of seeing this shape over and over again, but I have to admit it looks good at this size. I just hope those dainty prongs are up to the task of keeping that iceberg attached to its little gold band!
Judgement: 13/10 for a stunning stone in a simple setting.
- Kate Middleton Didn’t Wear Her Engagement Ring and the Internet Is Freaking Out
- Maya Jama ‘heartbroken’ amid ‘split from fiance Ben Simmons’ after a year
- Will Emily Ratajkowski Sell Her $90,000 Engagement Ring in Wake of Her Divorce From Sebastian Bear-McClard?
- Save $100 on Clean Origin engagement rings with this exclusive code—shop diamond rings now
- Kate Middleton spotted without her engagement ring at Commonwealth Games